Sometimes I think we forget, in the midst of our daily challenges, that we are already on the victory side of life.
Think about it — Jesus has already bought and paid for every victory you will ever need in this life!
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ” (Ephesians 1:3).
- He SAVED us! He took our sin nature away and made us righteousness (2 Cor. 5:21). He forgave us everything and completely restored us to perfect relationship with Almighty God (Col. 2:13). Seated us in heavenly places (Eph. 2:6), made us heirs to all He is and all He has (Rom. 8:17), and gave us all authority in His Name (Luke 10:19, John 14:14).
- He HEALED us! He took our infirmities, bore our sicknesses, all by His stripes 2000 years ago (Matthew 8:17, 1 Peter 2:24). To God, your healing is already a done deal. In Him we are not the sick, trying to get healed, we ARE the healed, and sickness is on us illegally — it has to go!
- He CALLED us! He gave us a purpose and equipped us and trusted us to be ministers of His Gospel (2 Cor. 5:18). We KNOW why we’re here. We are God’s plan A.
- He put HIS SPIRIT right on the inside of us! (John 14:15-18). To lead us, guide us, comfort us, help us, empower us and show us things to come (John 16:13-15, Rom. 8:14). He’s in us so that what’s inside us could work on the outside of us.
- He put His amazing LOVE in our hearts so He could love people through us (Rom. 5:5, John 13:34, 35)…so His will could be done on earth as it is in heaven. So we could endure long, not be selfish or touchy, take no account of the evil done to us, and believe the best of every person (1 Cor. 13:4-8 amp). Perfect love casts out all fear (1 John 4:18)…and it lives in us.
So be expecting today, my friend…praise your Father all day long, because you are well equipped and in Christ you can’t lose!
About Karen Jensen
Karen and her husband, Brent, traveled full time as itinerant ministers, and also pioneered two churches in the Northwest. In 1997, upon Brent’s unexpected death, she became Senior Pastor of their church in Boise, Idaho. She raised their sons, Josh and Ryan, through their teenage years into young adults on fire for God. She is now an instructor at RHEMA Bible Training Center in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Her humor, her never-give-up attitude, her love for God and her strong stand on His Word lifts people up and inspires them to believe for victory in every area of their lives.
For more information on Karen Jensen visit her website: http://karenjensen.org/
Also check out her Parenting Blog: http://karenjensen.org/blog/
Devotional used with permission of Author